CorDapp developer project planning
When planning to develop a CorDapp, consider the following factors:
- CorDapp development requirements
- CorDapp development and testing environments
Prerequisites for CorDapp development
There are a number of pre-requisites for CorDapp development.
- You must use the Java 8 JVM, version 8u171 and onwards are supported, but version 9 and later is not supported.
- Gradle 5.4.1
- An IDE of your choice. We use IntelliJ because it has strong Kotlin support.
- Git, for running example projects.
- The following operating systems are supported in development:
|Microsoft Windows||x86-64||10, 8.x|
|Microsoft Windows Server||x86-64||2016, 2012 R2, 2012|
|Apple macOS||x86-64||10.9 and above|
CorDapp testing and performance
When developing CorDapps, you should have three initial environments:
- A development environment.
- An initial testing environment.
- A more fully-featured performance and verification testing environment.
A CorDapp development environment can be hosted on a typical development machine, running Windows, Linux, or macOS.
For more information on developing CorDapps, see developing CorDapps.
While in development a CorDapp should be regularly tested using a local testing environment to ensure the flows CorDapp is delivering the intended function. Nodes can be created locally using the network bootstrapper tool.
A local testing environment should use nodes in devMode with no other network components.
For more information on testing CorDapps, see debugging and testing.
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!
Chat with us
Chat with us on our #docs channel on slack. You can also join a lot of other slack channels there and have access to 1-on-1 communication with members of the R3 team and the online community.
Propose documentation improvements directly
Help us to improve the docs by contributing directly. It's simple - just fork this repository and raise a PR of your own - R3's Technical Writers will review it and apply the relevant suggestions.
We're sorry this page wasn't helpful. Let us know how we can make it better!
Chat with us
Create an issue
Create a new GitHub issue in this repository - submit technical feedback, draw attention to a potential documentation bug, or share ideas for improvement and general feedback.