API: RPC operations
The node’s owner interacts with the node solely via remote procedure calls (RPC). The node’s owner does not have
access to the node’s
The key RPC operations exposed by the node are:
- Extract states from the node’s vault based on a query criteria
- As above, but also returns an observable of future states matching the query
- A list of network nodes, and an observable of changes to the network map
- See a list of registered flows on the node
- Start one of the node’s registered flows
- As above, but also returns a progress handle for the flow
- Returns diagnostic information about the node, including the version and CorDapp details
- Returns the network map entry of the node, including its address and identity details as well as the platform version information
- Returns the current time according to the node’s clock. It is a ‘quick RPC’. It bypasses the thread pool and other regular RPCs waiting in it, allowing the node to reply relatively quickly.
- Retrieves a party on the network based on a public key or X500 name
- Uploads, opens and checks for the existence of attachments
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!
Chat with us
Chat with us on our #docs channel on slack. You can also join a lot of other slack channels there and have access to 1-on-1 communication with members of the R3 team and the online community.
Propose documentation improvements directly
Help us to improve the docs by contributing directly. It's simple - just fork this repository and raise a PR of your own - R3's Technical Writers will review it and apply the relevant suggestions.
We're sorry this page wasn't helpful. Let us know how we can make it better!
Chat with us
Create an issue
Create a new GitHub issue in this repository - submit technical feedback, draw attention to a potential documentation bug, or share ideas for improvement and general feedback.